On April 25, a magnitude-7.8-magnitude earthquake shook Nepal in what is now considered as the worst disaster in the country’s recent history. Roads were destroyed and houses collapsed including centuries-old heritage sites. As of now, more than 6,100 deaths have been reported and a lot more missing as they continue to dig through the rubbles. Many people (including women, children, and elderlies) slept outside their houses last night, afraid that the aftershocks would keep them unsafe.
The earthquake happened during our church’s worship service in Kathmandu and all church members have been accounted safe. But they still haven’t been able to contact some of their friends and relatives.
We’re currently planning our strategies to help provide not only their immediate needs (food, water, shelter) but also their eternal needs (comfort, hope, salvation). On a personal note, I would like to take this opportunity to encourage everyone to pray and invest in Nepal’s rehabilitation. We want you to take part in what God will be doing in Nepal through the team. If you would be interested in helping out financially or in kind, please visit this page.
- Pray for strength and comfort for everyone who lost their family and friends to the earthquake.
- Pray for their provision as they rebuild their homes specially that the monsoon season’s about to start in May. It rains up to 50% of the time during their monsoon season.
- Pray for the safety of all survivors as the aftershocks continue to make some people afraid of going back into their homes.
- Pray that this situation will open doors for the Gospel to flourish in the hearts of the Nepalese.
- Pray also for our church in Nepal, that they may shine as God’s light to people who have lost their homes, families, and friends to the quake.